If you’re planning a trip to Europe in 2023, you might have another task to add to your pre-trip to-do list. Travelers from dozens of countries will need to apply for authorization to enter the Schengen Area, a border-free zone comprised mainly of European Union (EU) countries, when a new EU visa waiver program is supposed to go into effect in late 2023. The European Travel Information and Authorization System (ETIAS) will have a massive impact globally, affecting an estimated 1.4 billion travelers from countries that currently have a visa-free travel regime with the EU.
To this end, Ovation's parent company, American Express Global Business Travel (Amex GBT), has compiled information to address questions you may have about what ETIAS is, the application process, and how it will impact travel to Europe.
Click here to get answers to the following questions:
- What is ETIAS?
- Who will need to apply for ETIAS?
- Which countries will require ETIAS?
- When does ETIAS go into effect?
- What is the application process like? How is it different than applying for a visa?
- What information will I have to provide?
- Will there be a background check?
- Is there a fee?
- What happens once I submit the application?
- Will I need to reapply every time I visit the Schengen area?
- How will ETIAS affect my travel experience?
With the powerful backing of Amex GBT, Ovation is dedicated to staying ahead of these ever-changing times and ensuring our clients continue to receive the same knowledgeable, unrivaled service we've provided for over 35 years. If you're interested in learning more about the many benefits of our managed travel program, we would love the opportunity to speak with you and welcome the future of business travel together.